A mixed School until 1905
Certified 24th January 1869, and school operations commenced 8th February 1869. The school was re-certified in 1905 for 150 boys only and in 1924 reduced to 125 boys.
A spacious purpose-built brick building, erected in 1868 by Mrs Abbot, in memory of her husband and are intended for 100 boys and 50 girls of the destitute and unfortunate class; the boys are taught shoe making, gardening, tailoring and mat making and the girls, sewing, knitting and the usual domestic occupation; when their time is complete they are placed out to suitable situations. The school is managed by a committee selected annually from governors.
School closed March/May 1929. The building was demolished in 1968 to make way for a road.
1869 - Mr & Mrs Higginbotham.
1872 - Mr & Mrs Higginbotham; schoolmaster Mr Carrick.
1884 - Superintendent Mr Charles G. Nichols; matron Miss R.S. Lawson; schoolmaster Mr F. Carrick; assistant, Mr J. Alderson.
1890 - Hon. Secretary J.G. Angus Esq.; Hon. Treasurer Edward Eccles Esq.; Superintendent Charles G Nichols; Master Francis Carrick; Matron Miss Mary Patterson.
1891 - Superintendent Mr Charles G. Nichols; matron Miss Patterson; schoolmaster Mr F. Carrick; assistant schoolmaster Mr C.J. Howes.
1893 - Superintendent Mr Charles G. Nichols; matron Miss Patterson; schoolmaster Mr Thomas Tate; assistant schoolmaster Mr C.J. Howes; female assistant Miss Golightly.
1900 - Superintendent Mr Charles G. Nichols; matron Miss M.A. Hull; assistant matron Miss Wraith; schoolmaster Mr T. Tate; assistant teacher Mr J.R. Maddison; assistant mistress Miss J Davidson.
1903 - Superintendent Mr Charles G. Nichols; matron Miss M.H. Wraith; head teacher Mr R.B. Hague; assistant Mr R. Wood.
1914 - Superintendent Robert Barlow; Matron Miss Mary Bryers; Schoolmaster James Turner